John D. Werner
John Werner is the Managing Partner of Fishman Haygood. John works in the firm’s Business Section, primarily on financings, including private equity transactions, tax credit financings, and bank debt.
In private equity, John represents Black Bay Energy Capital, Jefferson Capital Partners, and Enhanced Capital Partners in their investments in various portfolio companies. He also represents numerous portfolio companies that have received private equity investment. In addition, John represents several family offices in regards to their investments in private companies.
John also represents numerous participants in tax credit financings, including the State of Louisiana.
- J.D. from Tulane Law School, 1994
- B.A. in History from Duke University, 1988
- Clerk to the Honorable Donald E. Walter of the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 1994-1995
- Represents of Black Bay Energy in numerous investments, including several different service companies operating in the Permian Basin.
- Represents Jefferson Capital Partners in the successful completion of its first fund and the deployment of its second fund across a variety of industries.
- Represents several family offices in regards to their investments in private companies.
- Continuing representation of the State of Louisiana in financing the mixed use commercial projects. Transactions include: the financing of a fresh food grocer in New Orleans, the development of a hospital in St. Bernard Parish, the development of a nursing and assisted living facility in New Orleans, the development of a charter school facility in Federal City, Louisiana, the redevelopment of a live performance venue in New Orleans, and the construction of the Campaigns Pavilion at the National World War II Museum.
- $400 Million private equity based capital raising transaction for oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Continuing representation of private equity backed 3-D marketplace.
- Ranked in Chambers USA in Banking and Finance, and Corporate/M&A
- Best Lawyers® The Best Lawyers in America® in Banking and Finance Law, and Securities/Capital Markets Law (Since 2013)
- Listed in Super Lawyers (2007-2010, 2020-2023)
- Listed in Top Lawyers (Securities/Capital Markets) by New Orleans Magazine (2021)