John D. Werner
John Werner is the Managing Partner of Fishman Haygood. John works in the firm’s Business Section, primarily on financings, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, and general corporate advice.
In private equity, John represents Black Bay Energy Capital, Jefferson Capital Partners, and Enhanced Capital Partners in their investments in various portfolio companies. He also represents numerous private equity funded portfolio companies in their ongoing corporate needs. In addition, John represents several family offices in regard to their investments in private companies.
- J.D. from Tulane Law School, 1994
- B.A. in History from Duke University, 1988
- Clerk to the Honorable Donald E. Walter of the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 1994-1995
- Represents Black Bay Energy Capital in numerous investments, including several different service companies operating in the Permian Basin.
- Represents Jefferson Capital Partners in regard to numerous private investments made over the years.
- Represents several family offices in regard to their investments in private companies
- Ranked in Chambers USA in Banking and Finance, and Corporate/M&A
- Best Lawyers® The Best Lawyers in America® in Banking and Finance Law, and Securities/Capital Markets Law (Since 2013)
- Listed in Super Lawyers in Business & Corporate, Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions, Rea Estate: Business, Securities & Corporate Finance (2007-2010, 2020-2023)
- Listed in Top Lawyers (Securities/Capital Markets) by New Orleans Magazine (2021)