Scott D. Chenevert
Scott Chenevert is a partner and member of our Business Section. He practices primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, finance and securities. Scott has represented private and public companies in the real estate development, energy and oilfield services, technology and professional services industries. Scott has over 20 years of experience handling complex public and private transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and debt and equity financings. Scott also has extensive experience serving as outside general counsel for privately held and family companies.
Scott serves on the board of directors of Association for Corporate Growth Louisiana and the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge. Scott is also a member of the Southeast Super-Region Committee comprised of representatives from the Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) and GNO, Inc. He previously served as a member of the board of directors of BRAC from 2006-2013, serving as its chairman in 2012.
- J.D., magna cum laude, from Washington and Lee University, 1997
- B.S. Accounting from Louisiana State University, 1994
- Bernhard Energy Solutions in energy infrastructure and Energy-as-a-Service transactions
- Engquist Development in the acquisition, financing and development of traditional neighborhood developments
- The Shaw Group, Inc. in its $3 billion sale to Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (co-counsel)
- Superior Energy Services, Inc. in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Complete Production Services, Inc.
- Synergy Outdoors in its sale to a portfolio company of the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Stonetrust Commercial Mutual Insurance Holding Company in its demutualization and sale of business (the first demutualization transaction in Louisiana)
- Capital City Press, L.L.C. in its sale to Georges Media Group, LLC
- Wellbore Energy Solutions, Inc. in its sale to Halliburton Energy Services, Inc.
- Superior Energy Services, Inc. in the sale of its marine division to SEACOR Marine
- Environmental Drilling Solutions, L.L.C. in its sale to Element Partners and CSLEnergy Opportunities
- Wellbore Energy Services, Inc. in the purchase of preferred equity by NGP Energy Technology Partners, L.P.
- Uni-Pixel, Inc. in its initial public offering of common stock