Scott Chenevert is a partner in our Business Section with over 25 years of professional experience. He practices primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, energy-as-a-service, corporate governance, and finance and securities. Scott has represented private and public companies in the real estate development, energy and oilfield services, technology and professional services industries. Scott also has extensive experience serving as outside general counsel for privately held and family companies.
Scott serves on the board of directors of the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge, and as treasurer for the organization. Scott is also a member of the Southeast Super-Region Committee comprised of representatives from the Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) and GNO, Inc., and is the chair for 2023. He also previously served as a member of the board of directors of BRAC from 2006-2013, serving as its chairman in 2012.
Scott recently was named to Baton Rouge Business Report’s 2023 Capital Region 500, a list of 500 powerful and influential business and community leaders in Baton Rouge.
- J.D., magna cum laude, from Washington and Lee University, 1997
- B.S. in Accounting from Louisiana State University, 1994
- Bernhard Energy Solutions in energy infrastructure and Energy-as-a-Service transactions.
- H&E Equipment Services, Inc. in its acquisition of One Source Equipment Rental and sale of its Komatsu earthmoving distributorship to Waukesha-Pearce Industries, LLC.
- Bascom Hunter Technologies, Inc. in its acquisitions of TelGaAs and Semeach International.
- Cajun Ready Mix Concrete in its sale to Holcim.
- General Informatics in its sale to a portfolio company of Rosewood Private Investments.
- Woodson Incorporated in its sale to Gunnison, a portfolio company of Warren Equity Partners.
- Engquist Development in the acquisition, financing and development of traditional neighborhood developments.
- The Shaw Group, Inc. in its $3 billion sale to Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (co-counsel).
- Superior Energy Services, Inc. in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Complete Production Services, Inc.
- Synergy Outdoors in its sale to a portfolio company of the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan.
- Stonetrust Commercial Mutual Insurance Holding Company in its demutualization and sale of business.
- Capital City Press, L.L.C. in its sale to Georges Media Group, LLC.
- Wellbore Energy Solutions, Inc. in its sale to Halliburton Energy Services, Inc.
- Environmental Drilling Solutions, L.L.C. in its sale to Element Partners and CSLEnergy Opportunities.