Since its founding, Fishman Haygood’s goal has been to hire the best people to do quality work. Many of our attorneys are recognized annually as being among the top providers in their practice areas, ranging from corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate, to litigation and bankruptcy. New associates work directly with partners and often deal directly with clients. Our associates have an immediate impact in business deals and litigation matters. The firm also prides itself on collaborative efforts across practice areas. Because of our size, we easily build connections with each other and our clients.
Fishman Haygood also welcomes recognized, qualified leaders from top law firms across the nation as lateral hires. In interviewing experienced attorneys to join our team, we consider professional achievement, judicial clerkship experience, and academic record.
For more information, please contact Recruitment Coordinator Marianne Burns at [email protected].
Fishman Haygood’s reputation is built on top-quality attorneys, and the new legal talent that our firm attracts is no different. We welcome applications for summer clerk positions from law students who have distinguished themselves academically, through law review or class rank.
Fishman Haygood partners with top law schools both locally and nationwide. We also participate in the Southeastern Minority Job Fair (SEMJF), a candidate pool of around 1,600 diverse 2L and 3L law students in schools across our region.
For more information about available opportunities, please contact Recruitment Coordinator Marianne Burns at [email protected] or submit a cover letter, resume, and transcript by mail to:
Fishman Haygood LLP
201 St. Charles Ave., Ste. 4600
New Orleans, LA 70170
6-Week Summer Program
Our summer clerks are high-performing law students who seek first-hand experience in facing the daily challenges of the legal profession. Clerks are given the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our clients, their legal matters, and our firm. Summer clerks are offered competitive pay.
Our summer clerks can expect opportunities to do the following:
- Ask questions of and receive one-on-one feedback from your personally assigned mentor
- Select assignments from various practice groups and broaden your experience by attending depositions, trials, mediations, closings, and drafting sessions with our attorneys
- Receive feedback from attorneys with whom you work and attend practice group “lunch and learns” to gain insight into real-life expectations as an associate
- Set goals for your time at Fishman Haygood with your mentor and our professional coach
- Connect with our attorneys and professional staff through special events, social gatherings, and recreational outings
For more information about our summer program, please contact Recruitment Coordinator Marianne Burns at [email protected].