While we continue to provide representation in commercial arbitrations, our expansion into cross-border disputes also includes investor-state arbitrations. These international arbitrations proceed before a variety of fora, including:
- The International Chamber of Commerce
- The International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes
- The Permanent Court of Arbitration at The Hague
- The London Court of International Arbitration
- The Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- The Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
In collaboration with Jones Swanson Huddell, LLC, the firms represent claimant-investors in their disputes against sovereign nations with particular attention to matters involving North African and Eastern European nations. These proceedings combine our extensive arbitration experience with our established talent in cases involving construction projects, large-scale infrastructure and industrial development projects, and complex financial transactions.
- Successfully prosecuted bilateral investment treaty claims before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in London on behalf of a Turkish contractor against Libya for defaulting on housing and infrastructure contracts, winning a substantial unanimous award from the ICC panel.
- Represented claimants in confidential ICC proceedings arising out of multi-hundred-million dollar large-scale infrastructure projects.
- Represented claimant in investor-state arbitration before the Permanent Court of Arbitration at The Hague against the Democratic Republic of Ethiopia arising out of a long-term, multi-hundred-million dollar industrial development.
- Proceedings before ICSID on behalf of claimants arising out of a multi-billion dollar bank fraud and failure.