Robert M. Walmsley, Jr.
Robert is the past chair of the ABA Committee on Corporate Practice. He has served two terms on the ABA’s Corporate Laws Committee and continues as a liaison to the committee. He is the former chair of the Corporations Law Committee of the Louisiana Bar Association. He is a current member of the Corporations Committee of the Louisiana Law Institute. He is a member of the American Law Institute.
J.D. from Virginia Law School, 1974
- Member, Board of Editors of the Virginia Law Review
- B.A., magna cum laude, from Princeton University, 1968
- Clerk to the Honorable John Minor Wisdom of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1974-1975
- Representation of Swire Oilfield Services in multiple acquisitions over the past five years
- Representation of the Louisiana Superdome (now the Mercedes-Benz Superdome) in all operational matters including the negotiation in 2009 and 2012 of stadium agreements with NFL’s New Orleans Louisiana Saints and NBA’s New Orleans Pelicans, respectively
- Various matters as general counsel to the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau including general corporate matters, legislative matters and contractual matters