Robert Walmsley is counsel to the firm and a member of our Business Section. He practices primarily in the areas of negotiated acquisitions, securities law, corporate law, and general business transactions.
Robert is the past chair of the ABA Committee on Corporate Practice. He has served two terms on the ABA’s Corporate Laws Committee and continues as a liaison to the committee. He is the former chair of the Corporations Law Committee of the Louisiana Bar Association. He is a current member of the Corporations Committee of the Louisiana Law Institute. He is a member of the American Law Institute.
J.D. from Virginia Law School, 1974
- Member, Board of Editors of the Virginia Law Review
- B.A., magna cum laude, from Princeton University, 1968
- Clerk to the Honorable John Minor Wisdom of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1974-1975
- Representation of Swire Oilfield Services in multiple acquisitions.
- Representation of the Louisiana Superdome (now the Mercedes-Benz Superdome) in all operational matters including the negotiation in 2009 and 2012 of stadium agreements with NFL’s New Orleans Louisiana Saints and NBA’s New Orleans Pelicans, respectively.
- Various matters as general counsel to the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau, including general corporate matters, legislative matters, and contractual matters.