Real Estate Litigation
—Chambers and Partners USA (2023)
Fishman Haygood has handled a variety of litigation matters relating to real estate development, investment, leasing, zoning, and land use.
The firm has represented clients like Rouses Enterprises, LLC, Berk-Cohen Associates, LLC, T.L. James, Wallace C. Drennan, Inc., Level Homes, The Times-Picayune, LLC, and Stirling Properties. For the 2023 bar year, partners Lori Mince and Mike Dodson serve as chair and vice chair, respectively, of the American Bar Association (ABA) Real Property Division Litigation and Ethics Group.
- Representation of an anchor tenant in a commercial shopping development in St. Tammany Parish in a dispute over the management of the development.
- Representation of a landowner in a dispute over government imposed clean-up costs related to latent pollution at the property.
- Representation of a national homebuilder in litigation involving a delay in delivery of developed lots.
- Representation of owner of large apartment complex in matters related to utility assessments.
- Representation of owners of large undeveloped tract of property in zoning dispute with a parish council.
- Representation of owner of rehabilitation clinic in statutory and constitutional challenge of licensing ordinance.