Our attorneys have been involved in numerous landmark real estate transactions in the areas of commercial developments, commercial and industrial leasing, acquisitions, project finance and syndicated financings.
Fishman Haygood’s practice ranges from traditional purchase and sale agreements to complex real estate transactions including mixed use developments, retail malls, condominiums, hotels, power centers, large tract opportunities and complex joint ventures. Furthermore, we have extensive experience in handling unique real estate matters, including oil and gas transactions, coal storage facilities, underground natural gas storage facilities, BRAC redevelopments, industrial projects and timber developments.
Fishman Haygood’s lawyers routinely advise clients on all aspects of real estate leasing, and often represent both landlords and tenants in large scale commercial lease negotiations, including representing arenas in major league sports leases with the NFL New Orleans Saints and the NBA New Orleans Pelicans, and the New Orleans Federal Alliance in connection with redevelopment of the Algiers Naval Base.
Fishman Haygood has a captive title company, Commercial Title Agency, Inc., that is fully owned by the firm. Commercial Title is licensed by the Louisiana Department of Insurance as a title insurance agency is an approved agent of First American Title Insurance Company of Louisiana and Fidelity National Title Insurance Company. Two of our attorneys are licensed title insurance producers.
- Represented the Howard Hughes Corp. in its sale of The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk to RockStep Capital, a Houston-based shopping center operator; representation included negotiating the purchase agreement and obtaining transfer approvals from the various landowners comprising the Riverwalk Marketplace, including the City of New Orleans, the Port of New Orleans, and Park Hotels & Resorts.
- Served as local real estate counsel for Seefried Industrial Properties in the redevelopment of a 1.2 million square-foot shopping mall into a $350 million 3.8 million square-foot warehouse and distribution facility for Amazon.com Services LLC, in Baton Rouge, La.
- Served as counsel to the New Orleans Convention Center on the proposed $750 million to $1 billion River District mixed-use development consisting of housing, retail, office space, hotels, entertainment, and a Civil Rights museum.
- Represented Provident Resources Group in the acquisition, financing, development, construction, management, and operation of a $230 million full-service, 375-key, four diamond AAA, upscale hotel in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Represented parties in numerous public private partnerships, serving as lead counsel in connection with the entitlement, incentives, permitting and development of the following projects: Water Campus, IBM Building Complex (Baton Rouge), IBM Center (Monroe), Shaw Center, Port Wonder (Lake Charles), and Moncus Park (Lafayette).