Molly L. Wells
Molly Wells is an attorney in our Litigation Section.
Molly has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide array of matters. She has successfully prosecuted and defended a number of commercial litigation matters, including contract, unfair trade practices, and antitrust disputes. Molly is also a member of the firm’s international arbitration team, which represents commercial contractors in confidential international arbitrations arising out of large-scale infrastructure and industrial development projects.
Molly received her law degree summa cum laude from Tulane University Law School. While in law school, Molly served as Managing Editor of the Tulane Law Review and as a student attorney with the Tulane Environmental Law Clinic. After law school, Molly clerked for the Honorable Carl J. Barbier of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Molly is recognized by Best Lawyers as “One to Watch” in commercial litigation, appellate practice, and antitrust law. She is also a Super Lawyers Rising Star in general litigation.
J.D., summa cum laude, from Tulane University Law School, 2014
- Managing Editor of the Tulane Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- B.A. in French, cum laude, from University of Richmond, 2005
- Clerk to the Honorable Carl J. Barbier of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 2014-2015
Publications / Presentations
- “Balancing Policy Goals in the Cable Industry After the Expiration of the Exclusive Contract Prohibition,” 88 Tul. L. Rev. 127 (2013).
Molly currently represents or recently represented:
- Louisiana landowners in lawsuit against Motiva arising from multi-million dollar lease dispute
- Commercial contractors in confidential international arbitrations arising out of large-scale infrastructure and industrial development projects
- New Orleans shopping center in lawsuits to enforce commercial leases
- Equipment rental company against class allegations of breach of contract and unfair trade practices
- Best Lawyers Ones to Watch (2021)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (Since 2018)