Business Banking and Finance
Clients rely on Fishman Haygood’s extensive experience in handling unique financing matters, including complex oil, gas and energy financings, vessel financings, and structured financings.
Our firm regularly counsels lenders on a broad range of transactions involving the uniform commercial code (UCC), including the UCC as adopted in Louisiana. We frequently advise clients on secured transactions involving asset based lending, debtor-in-possession financing and large scale equipment financing.
Firm partners have served on the Bank Counsel Committee of the Louisiana Bankers Association, including one as Chairman.
- Advised Sanderson Farms, Inc., in connection to its $1 billion revolving credit facility with a consortium of banks led by BMO Harris Bank, N.A., as agent.
- Represents Black Bay Energy Capital in acquisitions and related acquisitions financings; represents the fund related to its credit facilities and portfolio companies in secured asset-based credit facilities to fund ongoing operations and growth.
- Represented Provident Resources Group, Inc.’s supporting organization in refinancing its current indebtedness in connection with the ownership and operation of $375 million in residential facilities located at and operated for the benefit of The Howard University.
- Represented First National Bank of Commerce in its issuance of $3.0 billion of bank notes.
- Represented First Commerce Corporation in its $3.1 billion acquisition by Bank One.
- Represented Doane Products Company in its $250 million sale to financial investors.