Our team of construction lawyers has real experience running complex construction litigation.
- Represents the owner/developer in litigation over the October 2019 collapse of the Hard Rock Hotel project in New Orleans.
- Represents a subcontractor in a claim against a governmental contractor for nonpayment of work arising from FEMA related rebuilding projects in the Virgin Islands.
- Represented an international manufacturer of building products in multi-district litigation and in state court product liability cases throughout the Gulf South. Tried several bellwether cases and settled thousands of property damage claims. In Re Chinese Drywall MDL (MDL 09-MD-2047).
- Represented a building products manufacturer in litigation involving roofing materials on a high profile public arena.
- Represented a publicly traded company in a lawsuit against an architecture firm for design flaws in its headquarters.
- Represented a general contractor in products liability claims against the manufacturers of certain defective materials used in the construction of a luxury apartment building. The matter settled for 89% of the contractor’s claimed damages.
- Defended a general contractor in an arbitration against allegations of a defective renovation of a high-rise hotel brought under the American Arbitration Association (AAA) Construction Rules.
- Routinely enforces Louisiana’s Public Bid Law on behalf of contractors via mandamus actions.