E. Blair Schilling
Blair is an attorney in our Litigation Section.
Blair Schilling represents clients in a wide-range of commercial matters in federal and state court, with a concentration in environmental law. Blair’s environmental practice is centered on representing landowners throughout Louisiana against some of the oil and gas industry’s largest operators for contamination of “legacy” oilfields, land loss, and groundwater contamination. Blair’s practice also spans a variety of other subject matters, such as lender liability litigation, public bid law disputes, contract dispute, and other commercial litigation matters.
In January of 2018, Blair was elected President of Association for Women Attorneys. Outside of her legal practice, she serves as the Secretary of Board of the Directors and the Development Committee Chair for the International High School of New Orleans and as the Bylaws Chairperson for the Independent Women’s Organization. She is also a member of the St. Thomas More Inn of Court.
Blair was a panelist at 23rd and 24th Annual Tulane Environmental Law & Policy Summit – an annual two-day meeting where scientific and legal experts from around the country convene to discuss various topics relating to environmental law and policy. Blair has also authored several published articles on these issues.
Blair was named as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2018 and 2019.
J.D., magna cum laude, from Loyola University College of Law, 2013
- Member of the Loyola Law Review
- B.A. Integrated Strategic Marketing from the University of Kentucky, 2007
Publications / Presentations
- Panelist, “Litigation in the Coastal Zone”, 24th Annual Tulane Environmental Law & Policy Summit, March 22, 2019
- Panelist, “Environmental Justice”, 24th Annual Tulane Environmental Law & Policy Summit, March 22, 2019
- “Compelling an out-of-state defendant to appear at trial,” Louisiana Association for Justice publication, September 2018
- Panelist, “Coastal Remedies Post-SLFPAE: Private and Parish Litigation,” 23rd Annual Tulane Environmental Law & Policy Summit, March 9, 2018
- “Bundrick v. Anadarko Petroleum Company: Third Circuit Denies Certain Mineral Lessors the Right to Demand Restoration,” Louisiana Association for Justice publication, May 2016
- In Vintage Assets Inc. v. Tennessee Gas Pipeline Company, L.L.C., et. al., No. 16-00713 (E.D. La.), following a 5-day trial against two pipeline companies for causing wide-spread erosion of plaintiff’s property, the trial team obtained favorable ruling of first impression ordering specific performance and restoration.
- In BCR Holdings v. Baby Oil, Inc., et al., No. 127030 (17th Judicial District Court for the Parish of Lafourche, Louisiana) (oil field contamination and illegal discharge case), the trial team obtained a favorable settlement for our client in a confidential amount.
- Bowie Lumber Associates v. Anadarko OGC Company, et al., No. 134888 (17th Judicial District Court for the Parish of Lafourche, Louisiana)(multi-million dollar contamination case).
- New 90, LLC, et al. v. Grigsby Petroleum, Inc., et al., No. 130528 (16th Judicial District Court for the Parish of St. Mary, Louisiana)(multi-million dollar contamination of groundwater case).
- Bowie Lumber Associates v. White Oak Operating Company, LLC, et al., No. 129052 (17th Judicial District Court for the Parish of Lafourche, Louisiana)( multi-million dollar contamination case).
Public Bid Law
- Wallace C. Drennan, Inc. v. The Sewerage and Water Board of New Orleans, No. 2015-11017 (Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, Louisiana) (multi-million dollar public bid law dispute).
Securities fraud and Lender Liability
- Terence K. Sumpter, et al. v. William Hungerford Jr., et al., No. 12-00717 (E.D. La.) (successfully settled a multi-million dollar securities fraud case involving more than two dozen investors).
- In River House Partners, LLC v. Grandbridge Real Estate Capital, LLC, 15-00058 (M.D. La.) the trial team obtained favorable settlement in a complex a case involving a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development secured loan.
- Listed in Super Lawyers Rising Star (2018-2019)
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit