Lori G. Mince
Since 2007, Lori has been named as a leading lawyer in commercial litigation by Chambers & Partners, which calls her a “bright, organized and meticulous” lawyer with a “superb practice.” In 2010, she was named to the New Orleans CityBusiness Leadership in Law, which recognizes the area’s 50 leading legal professionals based on their professional and community achievements.
In her media law practice, Lori represents The Times-Picayune newspaper, Cable News Network, The New York Times, ProPublica, Wick Communications, The Nation Institute, and others in cases seeking access to government records and a variety of criminal and civil court proceedings. She has also defended numerous defamation lawsuits against reporters and others.
In her commercial litigation practice, Lori has represented clients in a variety of matters, including securities fraud class actions and commercial disputes involving Wallace Drennan, Inc., T.L. James, ASCO Freight Management, Berk-Cohen Associates, and SMG (the company managing the Louisiana Superdome and New Orleans Arena).
In her tax practice, she has represented the Louisiana Department of Revenue in a variety of state corporate income and franchise tax suits against International Paper, Florida Gas Company, Shell Oil Company, Lafarge North America, Argosy Gaming, BP Products North America, BP Oil Supply, United Artists, and others.
Lori is a Fellow in the American Bar Foundation and the Louisiana Bar Foundation. She is also on the Board of the Endowment for St. Georges Episcopal School.
J.D., magna cum laude, from Loyola University College of Law, 1998
- Member of the Loyola Law Review
- B.A., cum laude, from Tulane University, 1992
Publications / Presentations
- “Louisiana Smoked Products, Inc. v. Savoie & Sausage and Food Products, Inc.: If You Like Laws and Sausages,” 44 Loyola Law Review 327, Spring, 1998.
- Ranked in Chambers USA in Litigation: General Commercial (Band 1)
- Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Litigation - First Amendment, New Orleans (2023)
- Listed in Top Lawyers (First Amendment Law) by New Orleans Magazine (2022)
- Listed in Super Lawyers in Business Litigation, Employment Litigation: Defense, Media & Advertising, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff, Class Action/Mass Torts: Defense, Tax: Business (Since 2017)
- Ranked in Benchmark Litigation Top 250 Women in Litigation (Since 2015)
- Benchmark Litigation "Litigation Star"
- The Best Lawyers in America® in Commercial Litigation, Employment Law – Management, and Litigation – First Amendment (Since 2013)
- New Orleans CityBusiness Leader in Law (2010)
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court