Cherie Dessauer Nobles is special counsel in the firm’s Litigation Section. She works in the bankruptcy practice group of the firm and concentrates on debtor and creditor rights.
Cherie has experience in representing large, complex companies and small companies in bankruptcy. Her experience includes representation of debtors, trustees, unsecured creditors’ committees, and creditors in commercial bankruptcy and workout business cases in chapter 11 and chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings.
Cherie is the co-chair of the Louisiana chapter of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC). She previously served as committee chair for the bankruptcy section of the New Orleans Bar Association.
- J.D. from Paul M. Hebert Law Center, 2006
- B.S. in International Trade and Finance, magna cum laude, from Louisiana State University, 2002
Publications / Presentations
- Co-Chair for the LSBA “Bird’s Eye View: Bankruptcy from Trustees’ Perspectives” seminar, April 2023
- Panel Speaker at the LSU 28th Annual Bankruptcy Law Conference on “Hot Topics in Chapter 11: Confidentiality & Privilege, Third-Party Injunctions and Releases, and UST Fee Litigation,” November 2022
- Panel Speaker at the LSU 27th Annual Bankruptcy Law Conference on “Ethics – Professional Retention Issues,” December 2021
- Author for the Bankruptcy section of the Recent Developments in the Louisiana Bar Journal
- Author Federal Bar Association’s Weekly Circuit Updates – Bankruptcy Section
- Panel Speaker at the Fifth Circuit Bench Bar Conference on Supreme Court Updates
- Panel Speaker at the EDLA Bench Bar Conference on “The Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019 – Do Small Businesses Now Have a Big Opportunity?”
- Speaker at the LSBA seminar on “Healthcare Bankruptcies: What Happens When it is the Healthcare Provider Who is Sick?”
- Speaker on Preserving and Prosecuting Claims Post Confirmation
- Co-author – Numerous CLE seminar materials
- Represents the Chapter 11 Trustee in a jointly-administered bankruptcy case of Westbank Holdings, LLC., et al. (owners of low income housing throughout the New Orleans metropolitan), in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana (New Orleans).
- Represents Debtors Louisiana St. Gabriel, LLC, et al (landlords of trucking terminals) in a jointly administered bankruptcy case in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Louisiana (Baton Rouge).
- Represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in the Alfred Miller Contracting Company case (a nationwide contractor) in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Louisiana (Lake Charles).
- Represents the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of S2 Operating, LLC (an oil and gas provider) in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Louisiana (New Orleans).
- Provided bankruptcy counsel to the law firm Clark, Love & Hutson (“CLH”), which is a member of the Plaintiff Steering Committee representing approximately 15,000 claimants in the pending multidistrict 3M Combat Arms Earplug Products liability litigation (the largest MDL ever) at the center of the bankruptcy cases filed by Aearo Technologies LLC and six affiliated debtors in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana – Indianapolis Division.