C. Hogan Paschal
Hogan Paschal is an attorney in our Litigation Section.
Hogan’s practice covers complex securities, corporate governance and other civil litigation. Before joining the firm, Hogan maintained a transactional practice for several years. She has represented a broad range of public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, and in general corporate, regulatory compliance and securities matters. With her transactional experience, Hogan brings practical insight into the matters she now litigates.
Hogan received her law degree from New York University School of Law and her undergraduate degree from Harvard University.
- J.D. from New York University School of Law, 2017
- A.B. in Psychology, cum laude, from Harvard University, 2011
Publications / Presentations
- “Surviving Depositions and Cross-Examinations,” Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants 2022 Forensic, Litigation & Valuation Services Conference (October 2022)
- “4th Annual Removal and Remand Bootcamp,” New Orleans Bar Association (July 2022)
- Represents a proposed class of over 17,000 investors against five banks in a lawsuit alleging the banks’ aiding and abetting of the $7 billion Ponzi scheme perpetrated by R. Allen Stanford.
- Represents a putative class of plaintiffs in St. Croix, United States Virgin Islands, who have suffered catastrophic damage from multiple chemical releases from the Limetree Bay Refinery. The case involves multiple state and federal causes of action, and the damages are well over $700 million.
- Represented commercial contractors in confidential international arbitrations against Ethiopia and Pakistan arising out of large-scale infrastructure and industrial development projects.
- Represented the Louisiana Department of Revenue in cases against several online travel companies for sales taxes.
- Successfully represented a landowner in litigation to require a large oil company to plug and abandon wells and decommission an abandoned oil field.
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch™ in Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Environmental, Litigation - Securities (2023)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Business Litigation, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff, Environmental Litigation, Securities Litigation, Antitrust Litigation, International (2023)