Rebekka C. Veith
Rebekka Veith is an attorney in our Litigation Section.
Rebekka’s background is in environmental defense, and in that role, she has worked closely with experts analyzing remediation claims and has experience deposing and cross-examining environmental expert witnesses. Her defense experience offers a unique perspective to the firm’s plaintiffs’ environmental practice. She is currently involved in prosecuting multiple fraudulent transaction cases and assists in advising the Orleans Parish School Board on a variety of legal issues.
Rebekka received her law degree cum laude from Tulane University Law School. In law school, Rebekka was elected the Senior Managing Editor of Tulane Law Review and served on the Dean’s Advisory Committee.
After law school, Rebekka clerked for the Honorable Dee D. Drell of the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana. Rebekka was also appointed to serve as a Junior Honorary Member of the Louisiana State Law Institute from 2014 to 2015.
Before joining the firm, Rebekka was an associate at a local defense firm from 2015 to 2018, where her practice was focused on environmental litigation, complex commercial arbitration, and administrative law.
Rebekka is recognized by Best Lawyers as “One to Watch” in commercial litigation, ERISA law, and environmental litigation. She is also a Super Lawyers Rising Star in business litigation.
J.D., cum laude, from Tulane University Law School, 2014
- Senior Managing Editor of the Tulane Law Review
- B.A. in English, cum laude, from University of North Carolina, 2010
- B.A. in History, cum laude, from University of North Carolina, 2010
- Clerk to the Honorable Dee D. Drell of the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 2014-2015
Publications / Presentations
- “Complex Commercial Damages,” Nashville Bar Association Federal Practice Seminar (November 2018)
- “Practicing in State and Federal Court,” New Orleans Bar Association Big Easy Bootcamp (October 2018)
- “Understanding Louisiana Groundwater Rights,” Louisiana Water Laws & Regulations, Half Moon Seminars (April 2017)
- “Interstate Water Issues,” Louisiana Water Laws & Regulations, Half Moon Seminars (April 2017)
- “Misspending for Youth: School Vouchers in Louisiana Are a Legally Unsound, Short-Term Fix for a State in Need of Public Education Reform,” 88 Tul. L. Rev. 369 (December 2013)
Rebekka currently represents or has recently represented:
- The court-appointed equity receiver for the estate of a $100 million Ponzi scheme in litigation to recover receivership estate assets for equitable distribution
- A Chapter 11 trustee in actions to recover fraudulent transfers to vendors and suppliers
- A commercial real estate development and brokerage firm in a lawsuit to recover unpaid commissions
- The record operator of a Class III solution mining well in litigation and an arbitration arising out of the Bayou Corne sinkhole in Assumption Parish, Louisiana
- A specialty apparel clothing company in defending unfair trade practice and trade secrets claims
- Medical marijuana pharmacy in appeal of administrative agency decision
- The largest independent brine producer in the United States in bad faith action against a pollution insurer
- Best Lawyers Ones to Watch (2021)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (Since 2019)
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit