J. Tyler Marquette
Tyler Marquette is a partner in our Business Section.
Tyler’s practice includes all aspects of commercial real estate, including development, construction, acquisitions and sales, financing, and leasing. Tyler also practices banking, finance, and corporate law.
He is a licensed title insurance producer in Louisiana and Mississippi and Vice President of the firm’s captive title insurance agency, Commercial Title Agency, L.L.C. As an authorized agent of First American Title Insurance Company, Chicago Title Insurance Company, and Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Tyler is able to handle title insurance matters of all sizes in any commercial real estate transaction.
J.D., magna cum laude, William L. Crowe Scholar, from Loyola University College of Law, 2012
- Member of the Loyola Law Review
- B.S. Finance from Louisiana State University, 2009
Publications / Presentations
- “Opportunity Zones” presentation for the New Orleans Metropolitan Association of Realtors, Commercial Investment Division
- Real estate skills courses at Loyola University College of Law
- Numerous construction, syndicated, CMBS, HUD, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac financings, refinancings and loan assumptions of shopping centers, industrial facilities, office buildings, hotels, and multi-family apartment complexes
- Stirling Properties, a regional real estate developer, investor and asset manager, in:
- Acquisition, development and financing of the Fremaux Town Center, a 600,000 square-foot retail shopping center in Slidell, Louisiana
- Acquisition, development and financing of the Ambassador Town Center, a 425,000 square foot Costco anchored retail center in Lafayette, Louisiana, including the implementation of a payment in lieu of taxes program for infrastructure and site improvements
- Acquisition, bridge financing and permanent financing of a 380 unit multi-family apartment complex in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Acquisition and financing of the former Louisiana Heart Hospital, a 210,000 square foot hospital in Lacombe, Louisiana
- Acquisition and financing of The Retreat at River Chase (formerly Springs at River Chase), a 296 unit multi-family apartment complex in Covington, Louisiana, and The Retreat at Fremaux Town Center (formerly Springs at Fremaux Town Center), a 296 unit apartment complex in Slidell, Louisiana
- Rouses Supermarkets in the leasing, acquisition, construction, and development of numerous stores and general corporate matters, including:
- Acquisition of six Belle Foods grocery stores in Alabama
- Acquisition of nine LeBlanc’s Food Stores grocery stores in Louisiana
- Sonder USA Inc., a national short term rental and hotel operator, in numerous master leases of apartment and hotel buildings in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Schonberg Care, a national assisted living owner and operator, in the refinancing of eight assisted living facilities with Fannie Mae
- Acquisition, leaseback and financing of five Keurig Dr. Pepper facilities
- Sale of five Marriott-flagged hotels