We have represented individuals, companies, pension funds, hospitals, cities, and states in securities litigation and arbitration. While many of our cases arise in Louisiana, we frequently handle cases out-of-state. We are also often consulted by other lawyers who do not regularly handle securities litigation.
Previous plaintiffs include investors in securities who have lost money on misrepresented or fraudulent investments, as well as issuers of securities who have been misadvised to issue manipulated or fraudulent products, such as auction rate securities. Although our recent representations have been primarily on behalf of plaintiffs, we regularly represent defendants as well.
Our current and recent clients include the State of Louisiana, the City of New Orleans, the Firefighters and Municipal Employees pension funds, Baylor College of Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital, Christus Hospital System, the Long Island Power Authority, the State of New Jersey, and the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District.
Examples of our current and recent cases include:
- Representation of a number of investors in an arbitration against Securities America that resulted in a $26 million award, one of the largest in FINRA history, that included punitive damages
- Representation as lead attorneys for a worldwide class of investors in a case against five banks that allegedly aided the Stanford Ponzi scheme
- Representation of Baylor College of Medicine in an arbitration against its bond underwriter
- Representation of William Beaumont Hospital in an arbitration against a bond underwriter that recommended that it issue auction rate securities bonds to finance hospital improvements
- Representation of the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District in a case against a bond underwriter that recommended that it issue auction rate securities bonds to finance post-Katrina reconstruction of the Superdome
- Representation of numerous individual investors in FINRA arbitrations who have suffered losses as a result of fraud or malfeasance by their advisors or brokers