Monica Bergeron is an attorney in our firm’s Litigation Section and works on a wide range of commercial matters in both state and federal court.
Prior to arriving at Fishman Haygood, Monica served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jane Triche Milazzo of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Monica received her law degree, summa cum laude, from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University in 2020 where she was a member of the Louisiana Law Review and was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
J.D., summa cum laude, from Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, 2020
- Member of the Louisiana Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- B.A. in Political Science and International Studies, magna cum laude, from Louisiana State University, 2015
- Jane Triche Milazzo of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 2020-2021
Publications / Presentations
- Blogpost, “Timbs v. Indiana—One Year Later: Benign or Beginning of the End for Civil Asset Forfeiture,” LLR Lagniappe, The Online Companion of the Louisiana Law Review (April 2020)
- Recipient of “The Lagniappe Award” for Finest Blogpost
- Comment, “Second Place Isn’t Good Enough: Achieving True Reform through Expanded Parole Eligibility,” 80 L. Rev. 109 (Fall 2019)
- Recipient of the Vincent and Elkins Best Student Comment Award
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit