Daniel J. Dysart
Danny Dysart is a partner in the firm’s litigation group. He has the distinction of participating in the longest civil and criminal trials in the history of the United State District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. He co-chaired a six-week criminal jury trial involving a sprawling 47-count RICO Indictment. Additionally, Mr. Dysart spent four months in a complex civil trial involving multiple parties and claims.
Danny has litigated several high-profile and high-impact cases throughout the Gulf Coast. His cases involve personal injury, products liability, breach of contract, unfair trade practices, redhibition, Jones Act, and civil and criminal RICO claims and civil and criminal provisions of the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and the Oil Pollution Act.
Danny has tried cases on behalf of companies and individuals and plaintiffs and defendants. He has brought matters before federal and state judges and juries, as well as arbitration panels. He has successfully litigated limited issue and bellwether cases in multi-district (MDL) litigation proceedings and has handled the administration of multiple national class action settlements.
In addition, Danny gained unique complex litigation experience by serving alongside Kerry Miller as lead defense counsel in the BP oil spill MDL, the Chinese Drywall MDL, and Hurricane Katrina related environmental litigation. In these sprawling cases, Danny litigated a wide spectrum of jurisdictional, discovery, and evidentiary issues.
Aside from his civil practice, Danny is also an assistant district attorney and felony trial prosecutor in St. Bernard Parish. Danny is a resident and native of St. Bernard Parish. In his role as an attorney and prosecutor for the parish, Danny follows his family’s tradition of community service.
Before law school, Danny graduated summa cum laude from LSU and was named a Rucks Fellow. He graduated magna cum laude from Loyola University New Orleans, College of Law in 2011 where he was named a William L. Crowe Scholar and was a member of the Loyola Law Review and Moot Court.
Danny is recognized by Best Lawyers as “One to Watch” in environmental litigation, mass torts/class action defense, and product liability. He is also a Super Lawyers Rising Star in environmental litigation.
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Loyola University New Orleans, College of Law, 2011
- Member of the Loyola Law Review
- Bachelor of Science, summa cum laude, from Louisiana State University, 2008
Publications / Presentations
- “Five Years Post-BP Oil Spill,” Oilman Magazine (June 2015)
- Co-author – “The Safe Drilling Margin: Lessons Learned from the Macondo Blowout,” LOGA Industry Report (Summer 2015)
- Co-author – “Supreme Court’s CAFA Decision Changes Law in Fifth Circuit,” American Bar Association’s Pretrial Practice & Discovery(June 2014)
- “Are Exceptions to the Hearsay Rule Outdated?,” American Bar Association’s Trial Evidence News & Developments (April 2014)
- Best Lawyers Ones to Watch (2021)
- Super Lawyers Rising Star (Since 2017)