Steven C. Serio
t: (504) 586-5240
f: (504) 586-5250
Steven Serio is a results-oriented attorney and has a reputation of spearheading complicated transactions from start-to-finish in an organized, detailed, and efficient manner. Steven is ranked by Chambers & Partners in the Real Estate category of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, with clients noting that he “does a tremendous job” and describing him as “consistent and steady; he never gets rattled.”
Steven is a partner in our Business Section, and he represents a diverse group of business clients, both big and small, including real estate developers, landlords, commercial tenants, entrepreneurs, business owners, executives, and lenders. His practice includes all aspects of real estate development – acquisitions and sales of commercial retail properties, office buildings, apartment complexes, mixed-use town centers, and industrial properties; leasing; condominium development; and commercial loan transactions. Steven has significant experience negotiating CMBS financings and non-recourse loans. He also counsels clients in the areas of commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law.
Steven is a fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers. He is a licensed title insurance producer and Vice President of Commercial Title Agency, L.L.C. As an authorized agent of First American Title Insurance Company and Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Steven handles title insurance matters of all sizes in commercial real estate transactions.
He is a licensed Certified Public Accountant (inactive).
J.D., cum laude, from American University's Washington College of Law, 2005
- Editor-in-Chief of the American University Law Review
- B.B.A. in Accounting, cum laude, from University of Notre Dame, 2000
Publications / Presentations
- State Chair of Louisiana for the International Council of Shopping Centers
- Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Member of the 2014 Leadership Louisiana Class for the Council for a Better Louisiana
- Speaker at National Business Institute seminars in the practice areas of real estate and mergers and acquisitions
- Speaker at Loyola University’s College of Law in the areas of business transactions.
- Ambassador Town Center, a 425,000 square foot retail center in Lafayette, Louisiana anchored by Costco Wholesale, including the acquisition, construction financing, title work, and implementation of a payment in lieu of taxes program for infrastructure and site improvements.
- Stirling Medical Lacombe’s $22,000,000 acquisition and financing of the Louisiana Heart Hospital in Lacombe, Louisiana.
- Mid-City Market, a 107,000 square-foot Winn-Dixie anchored shopping center on Carrollton Avenue in New Orleans, involving the acquisition and construction financing.
- Fremaux Town Center, an 80 acre retail center anchored by Kohls, Best Buy, Dick’s and Dillard’s; the transaction involved the buyout of the original developer group through a stock purchase, a joint venture agreement between Stirling Properties and CBL Properties, as well as the construction financing and title work.
- Numerous CMBS refinancings of shopping centers, office buildings, hotels, and multi-family apartment complexes throughout Louisiana.
- Pan American Life Building in New Orleans, Louisiana, acquisition and permanent financing.
- Rouses Markets’ negotiated acquisition of over 20 A&P and Sav-A-Center grocery stores in Louisiana and Mississippi.