Louis S. Quinn, Jr.
t: (225) 706-4050
f: (225) 706-1057
Louie Quinn, Jr. is a partner and member in our Business Section. He has more than 25 years of experience and concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate development [housing, office, retail, mixed-use, and industrial]; real estate finance; affordable housing, student housing, multi-family housing and condominiums; commercial leasing [Landlord and Tenant]; business and commercial transactions, partnership syndications, public-private partnerships, and public finance transactions.
Louie has an accounting degree and a broad business background specializing in commercial and finance transactions. He represents numerous clients in connection with a wide variety of private and public real estate transactions – purchase, sale and leasing of residential, office, retail, mixed-use, commercial, and industrial properties [multi-family housing projects, affordable housing projects, student housing projects, governmental facilities, correctional facilities, retail developments, office buildings, health care facilities, nursing homes, assisted living centers, mixed-use projects, condominium developments, hotels, and industrial and manufacturing projects].
Louie is a member of the American Bar Association, the Florida Bar Association, the Louisiana Bar Association, and the Baton Rouge Bar Association. He is also a member of the Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants and the National Association of Bond Lawyers. He served as a Board Member of the Baton Rouge Growth Coalition, as Chairman of the Board and Board Member for the Boys and Girls Club of Baton Rouge, and as past Chairman of the Finance Committee and Board Member for the Dunham School of Baton Rouge.
- M.S. Community Counseling from Georgia State University, 1990
- J.D. from Louisiana State University, 1983
- B.S. Accounting from Louisiana State University, 1978
- Represented developers in the acquisition, development and financing of Section 42 Tax Credit Affordable Housing Projects in multiple states; including negotiation of partnership agreements with nonprofit sponsors and tax credit syndicators.
- Represent lenders in the negotiation and closing of construction/permanent loans for construction of Section 42 Tax Credit Affordable Housing Projects.
- Represented lender in connection with a warehouse loan to fund tax-credit syndicator capital contributions for development of a Section 42 Tax Credit Affordable Housing Project.
- Represented equity investors in the negotiation with tax credit syndicators of partnership agreements for LIHTC Investment Funds [single investor and multi-investor funds].
- Real estate counsel to The Road Home Program – the single largest housing recovery program in U.S. History – Hurricane Katrina. Worked with the State to obtain approval of the program from HUD.
- Real estate counsel to The Road Home- LIHTC–CBDG Piggyback Program – provides financing for the construction and development of affordable, mixed-use housing for areas affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, utilizing funds received from HUDthrough their Community Block Development Grant program.
- General counsel to privately-held nationwide real estate development company – acquisition, construction, management, development, financing and disposition of hotels and multi-family projects in multiple states. Represented company in the financing of projects with FANNIE MAE and using Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS loans).
- General counsel to national nonprofit involved in the acquisition, financing, development, management and operation of nursing homes, assisted living centers, affordable housing, student housing and infrastructure projects in multiple states. Represented company in the financing of projects involving tax-exempt and taxable financing, as well as Fannie and HUD.
Real Estate/Public Finance
- Represented the Borrower in the issuance of approximately $235,000,000 in tax-exempt and taxable bonds, to finance the acquisition and construction of a student housing facility in New Jersey. This transaction was the first public-private partnership transaction closed under the New Jersey Stimulus Act.
- Represented the Borrower in the issuance of approximately $197,400,000 in taxable bonds, to finance the acquisition and financing of eleven private correctional facilities in multiple states.
- Represented the Borrower in the issuance of approximately $223,875,000 in tax-exempt bonds, to finance the construction of three state correctional facilities.
- Represented lead underwriter in the $294,000,000 refinancing of the Louisiana Superdome following Hurricane Katrina. Recognized as the Southeast Region Deal of the Year by The Bond Buyer.
- Represented the non-profit purchaser in the acquisition, development, construction, financing and development of a Graduate Student Housing Facility at The University of Florida, value of approximately $70,000,000.
- Represented the non-profit purchaser in the acquisition and financing of a Student Housing Facility at Marshall University, value of approximately $90,000,000.
- Represented the non-profit purchaser in the acquisition, development, construction, development and financing of Student Housing Facility at North Carolina State University, approximate value $92,000,000
- Represented the non-profit purchaser in the acquisition, development, construction and financing of a Student Housing Facility at Western University of Health Sciences, value of approximately $45,000,000.
- Represented the non-profit purchaser in the development, acquisition and financing of a Student Housing Facility at Howard University, value of approximately $100,000,000.
- Represented leading international mining company in the negotiation of an office lease for its world-wide headquarters – approximately 250,000 square feet. Represented company in the lease of office space for ancillary operations in various localities.
- General counsel for one of the largest, privately-held fitness companies in the United States. Negotiated over 1,500,000 square feet of retail leases for gyms, health clubs and fitness centers in multiple states.
- Represent landlords in lease of space in Class A Office Buildings, mixed-use developments, medical office buildings, and industrial projects.
- Represent tenants in ground lease negotiations for various types of public and private real estate projects