Our employment litigation team has defended employers against discrimination claims and Fair Labor Standards Act lawsuits, represented executives in actions to enforce severance provisions in their employment agreements against their former employers, and represented employers in actions to enforce restrictive covenants against their former employees. We also provide advice to our clients regarding compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act, the WARN Act, and other federal and state laws. While much of our practice is in court, we also handle many matters through arbitration.
Examples of our current and recent matters include:
- Defense of an employer against discrimination claims related to lay-offs
- Defense of an oilfield services company against a Fair Labor Standards Act collective action
- Defense of a real estate management company against a Fair Labor Standards Act collective action
- Representation of former executives in an action to enforce severance provisions in their employment agreements
- Representation of an insurance agency against a former broker to enforce noncompetition and nonsolicitation covenants