Steven E. Cheatham
Steven Cheatham is an attorney in the Business Section
Steven brings years of practical experience to his clients’ matters. Before his legal career, Steven spent over 15 years in private business as an owner/operator of one Louisiana’s largest privately held waste and recycling companies. Steven also has experience working for publicly traded companies. His experience as an owner/operator/manager includes municipal contract bidding and negotiation, mergers and acquisitions, international supply agreements, multi-parish operations management, and employment and safety management.
Steven’s practice focuses on commercial transactions and real estate development. His experience helps him to spot the issues that are important to his clients and to identify effective and efficient solutions.
Steven is a lifelong resident of Baton Rouge and serves on the Alumni Board of Catholic High School. He received his law degree from the Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center in 2017, graduating magna cum laude. While in law school, he was a member the Louisiana Law Review, Moot Court Board and Chairman of the Ethics Committee. Steven was also inducted into the Order of the Coif and named a Paul M. Hebert Scholar for each semester of his studies.
J.D., magna cum laude, from Louisiana State University, 2017
- Senior Associate of the Louisiana Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- B.A. in Accounting, summa cum laude, from Louisiana State University, 2000
Publications / Presentations
- “Mail Order Mineral Rights Legislation: Is It Too Onerous?,” LLR Lagniappe (2016).
- Represented large offshore services company in negotiation of joint venture with a European services company
- Represented real estate development group in establishment of covenants, conditions, restrictions, and servitudes for a Traditional Neighborhood Development
- Represented Buyer in purchase of large Traditional Neighborhood Development
- Represented Buyer in purchase of media production company