Michael R. Dodson
Mike Dodson is a partner in the firm’s litigation section.
Mike has experience in environmental, commercial, financial, employment, and insurance law and has litigated cases for both plaintiffs and defendants. Mike has successfully handled all aspects of litigation, from pre-suit investigation and response to obtaining a full dismissal on summary judgment and bringing cases to judgment at trial. Mike also has extensive experience in handling arbitrations, mediations, and appeals.
Before working in private practice, Mike served as a law clerk to the Honorable W. Harold Albritton, III, of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama. After completing his clerkship, Mike worked for a large, regional defense firm in Birmingham, Alabama for two years before moving to New Orleans.
Mike received his law degree, magna cum laude, from The University of Alabama School of Law in 2013, where he was a member of the Alabama Law Review and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. Before law school, Mike attended The University of Alabama, where he graduated summa cum laude with a degree in Real-Estate Finance and minors in German, Spanish, and Economics. During his time at the University, Mike was inducted into the Jasons Men’s Honor Society, Omicron Delta Kappa, and Mortar Board and was elected to serve as the Student Government Association Vice President for External Affairs.
Mike is a member of and assists with planning programming for the Louisiana Council of the Urban Land Institute, an organization focused on highlighting and encouraging economic development throughout Louisiana. Mike is also a member of the Board of Directors for The Pro Bono Project. He serves as chair of the Real Property Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution committee of the American Bar Association.
Mike is recognized by Best Lawyers as “One to Watch” in insurance litigation and labor and employment law (for both employees and management).
J.D., magna cum laude, from University of Alabama, 2013
- Articles Editor and Managing Board Member of the Alabama Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- B.S. in Finance, summa cum laude, from University of Alabama, 2010
- Clerk to the Honorable W. Harold Albritton, III of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama, 2013-2014
- Benchmark Litigation 40 & Under List - South (2022)
- Best Lawyers Ones to Watch (2021)
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit