Meghan Dupre Montgomery is an attorney in our Business Section.
Meghan’s practice primarily focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate finance and general corporate matters. Meghan frequently represents private equity funds in acquisitions of portfolio companies, add-on acquisitions, other direct equity and debt investments and exits or divestitures from these various investments. In addition to her transactional work, Meghan also advises senior management, investment funds, family offices and boards on general strategic, governance and corporate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Meghan practiced in the Houston office of an international law firm where she assisted clients with a broad range of complex M&A transactions, restructurings and corporate governance matters.
Meghan is a co-leader of the Fishman Haygood Women’s Group and is a member of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Louisiana and the Junior League of New Orleans. She also serves as a mentor for the Loyola University of New Orleans College of Law Entrepreneurship Project, a program through which current students help local community start-ups with various legal tasks.
J.D., magna cum laude, from Tulane Law School, 2016
- Associate Editor of the Tulane Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- B.S., cum laude, from Tulane University, 2013
- Edith Brown Clement of the United States Court of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit, 2017-2018
- Martin L.C. Feldman of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 2016-2017
Publications / Presentations
- Comment, There Goes the Community: Federal Preemption of Marriage as the Demise of the State Community Property Regime, 90 Tul. L. Rev. 185 (2015)
- Veyron Global in acquisitions of real estate and intangible assets in excess of $2.0B from national and international corporations and not-for profits and related financings using its innovative financial structures.
- Black Bay Energy Capital, an energy private equity firm investing in the North American oilfield service sector, in acquisitions and investments, including its investments in:
- Advanced Industrial Devices, a provider of electric motor automation and control solutions;
- Total Operations and Production Services, LLC (TOPS), a provider of electric driven gas lift compression systems and the sale of TOPS to Apollo Global Management;
- Piñon Midstream, a sour gas treating and carbon capture infrastructure solution in the Delaware Basin;
- Altitude Energy Partners, LLC, a provider of directional drilling and wireline services, and the sale of Altitude to Cathedral Energy Services; and
- NEXGEN Oilfield Chemicals, a provider of chemical technologies to oil & gas operators, and the sale of NEXGEN to Foremark Performance Chemicals.
- Carr’s Hill Partners Management, LP, a private equity firm, in its investment in Matthews Brothers Dredging, LLC.
- The Gray Insurance Company in connection with the investment by Bernhard Capital Partners Management in The Gray Casualty and Surety Company.
- H&E Equipment Services Inc. in its acquisition of One Source Equipment Rentals.
- 06 Environmental, LLC, a provider of environmental remediation and hazardous waste management services, in its sale to Warren Equity Partners.
- EDKO, LLC, a provider of vegetation management services to utilities, municipalities and other operators, in its sale to Incline Equity Partners.
- Scariano Brothers, LLC, a Hammond, LA based food distributor, in its sale to Quirch Foods, a portfolio company of Palladium Equity Partners.
- Black Lake Capital, a private equity investment firm, in acquisitions of portfolio companies and other investments, including the acquisition of the supply chain consulting companies SCAPath and Spinnaker SCS.