Matthieu Robért is an attorney in our Business Section.
Matt’s practice focuses in the area of corporate law and real estate, including acquisitions and sales, private equity investments, corporate financing, and other general business matters. He assists clients with structuring, negotiating, and closing commercial transactions.
Matt received his J.D./M.B.A. degree, cum laude, from Tulane University Law School and the A.B. Freeman School of Business and was a member of the Tulane Law Review and Freeman Consulting Group. He earned his M.B.A. with a specialization in Real Estate and Finance. He received his Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Business Economics & Public Policy from George Washington University where he was also a member of the baseball team.
Matt is a member of the American Cancer Society’s Shuck Cancer Team, an annual fundraising initiative dedicated to raising money for Access to Care lead by young professionals in the greater New Orleans area.
J.D., cum laude, from Tulane University Law School, 2020
- Managing Editor of the Tulane Law Review
- M.B.A., cum laude, from A.B. Freeman School of Business, 2020
- B.A. from George Washington University, 2016
Publications / Presentations
- Case Note, Somebody to Lien on: Subcontractor Maritime Liens as They Relate to Valero Marketing & Supply Co. v. M/V Sun and the O.W. Bunker Bankruptcy, 93 Tul. L. Rev. Online 63 (2019).
- Represented the Howard Hughes Corp., a national real estate developer, investor, and asset manager, in connection with the sale of The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk, a 264,000-square foot urban outlet center in New Orleans, La., to RockStep Capital, a Houston-based shopping center operator; representation included negotiating the purchase agreement and obtaining transfer approvals from the various landowners comprising the Riverwalk Marketplace, including the City of New Orleans, the Port of New Orleans, and Park Hotels & Resorts.
- Represented Cajun Ready Mix Concrete in its negotiations and asset sale to Holcim, a Switzerland-based global construction company.
- Numerous leases of retail, industrial and office sites on behalf of both local and national landlords and tenants, including ground leases, build-to-suit leases, reverse build-to-suit leases, subleases and master leases.
- Schonberg Care, a national assisted living owner and operator, in connection with the following:
- Refinancing of eight assisted living facilities with Fannie Mae.
- Sale of ten assisted living facilities to White Oak Healthcare.
- Veyron Global in acquisitions of real estate and intangible assets in excess of $2 billion from national and international corporations and not-for profits and related financings using its innovative financial structures, including the acquisition, leaseback and financing of five Keurig Dr. Pepper facilities
- Verdad Real Estate, a national real estate developer in the acquisition, financing, construction, development, leasing and disposition of numerous single-tenant, self-storage and mixed-use developments and general corporate matters, including:
- Acquisition, financing, bridge loan financing, construction, and development ten self-storage facilities.
- Stirling Properties, a regional real estate developer, investor and asset manager, in the acquisition and financing of the Crossroads Shopping Center in Gulf Port, Miss.