Jaimee L. Boyd
Jaimee Boyd is special counsel in the firm’s Business Section where she practices in the areas of public finance, nonprofit finance, and economic development. Jaimee serves as issuer’s counsel, conduit borrower’s counsel, bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel on tax-exempt and taxable bond financings, as well as counsel to political subdivisions on economic development matters.
Jaimee counsels boards, finance committees and executive management on capital plan development and all aspects of the state, tax and securities laws pertaining to public finance. Her clients are concentrated in the healthcare, education, and hospitality industries, and she provides guidance on post-financing compliance, including continuing disclosure, management contracts, service and lease agreements, dispositions of bond-financed property and private use of bond-financed assets.
Jaimee has an accounting degree and in-house healthcare and housing finance experience, which makes her particularly sensitive to clients who must balance large capital expenditure initiatives with the management of everyday operations. She breaks down regulatory compliance concerns into meaningful processes and policies that clients can understand and implement.
Jaimee is a member of the Louisiana Bar Association. She is also a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers where she serves on the Tax Law Committee.
- J.D. from University of Denver, 2007
- B.S., M.S. from Wake Forest University, 2000
Publications / Presentations
- Author, H.B. 225, 2019 Leg., Reg. Sess. (La. 2019)
- Panel Speaker, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Arbitrage & Rebate, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Qualified Small Issue and Exempt Facility Bonds
- LACPA Medical and Healthcare Services Workshop
- Speaker, Waste Reduction, Operational Efficiency and Process Improvement
- Panel Moderator, Changes to the Medicaid Program
- Panel Speaker, Postlethwaite and Netterville Government Update, Municipal Bonds and Continuing Disclosure