Dustin C. Alonzo
Dustin Alonzo is an attorney in our Business Section.
Dustin practices in the areas of corporate and finance law, regularly advising clients in mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, real estate transactions, and general business matters. Dustin works with clients at every stage of the corporate lifecycle and advises them day-to-day on a wide range of issues and scenarios.
Before joining the firm, Dustin practiced as a regulatory attorney in the business banking section at a national firm based in New Orleans. Dustin has significant experience representing financial services clients in state and federal regulatory examinations, counseling businesses with matters under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and assisting FinTech companies develop new products across the country.
During law school, Dustin clerked for a state district court judge and for Judge Madeleine M. Landrieu at the Louisiana Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. He was also on the editorial board of the Loyola Law Review.
Dustin is a member of the American Bar Association, Business Law Section, and is active in Hogs for the Cause, a 501(c)(3) organization that supports families with children fighting pediatric brain cancer.
J.D., magna cum laude, from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, 2014
- Casenote & Comment Editor of the Loyola Law Review
- B.S. from Washington and Lee University, 2009
Publications / Presentations
- Rotatori, A. & Alonzo, D., Referral Programs: Who Pays and Who Gets Paid?, Non-Prime Times, Vol. 8, Issue 4 (July 2019)
- Brown, L.H. & Alonzo, D., Online Advertising and Marketing Developments, 73 BUS. LAWYER 517 (Spring 2018)
- Executive Editor of Frequently Used Terms in Automobile Finance Transactions: The Jargon, Lingo, and Lore, published by the Consumer Financial Services Committee of the American Bar Association Business Law Section (April 2017).
- Comment, A Call to Reform Louisiana Code of Criminal Procedure Article 882: Eliminating the Error Patent Review of Illegally Lenient Fines, 60 LOY. L. REV. 313 (Summer 2014).
- Hot Topics in Consumer Finance, ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C. (2019)
- State Licensing Issues: How to Ease Your Pain at the State Level, OLA Compliance University, Washington, D.C. (2018)
- Online Advertising and Marketing: Meeting Customer Acquisition Goals While Mitigating the Regulatory Risk, ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL (2017)
- CFPB Short-Term Credit Proposal, ABA Consumer Financial Services Committee Winter Meeting, Carlsbad, CA (2017)
- Expansion of the Military Lending Act Regulations and the Impact on Bank Products Panel Discussion, Louisiana Bankers Association Bank Counsel Conference, New Orleans, LA (2015)