Clint H. Smith
Clint Smith is an attorney in our Business Section. He represents a wide range of clients in various industries, both large and small, and public and private. His practice includes all areas of corporate securities and capital markets, including exempt offerings under Regulation D, Section 4(a)(2) and other exemptions, compliance with Blue Sky Laws, initial public offerings, registered equity offerings, at-the-market offerings, and registered debt offerings. He also represents clients with their ongoing disclosure, reporting and filing obligations, including compliance with the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Section 16 and Schedule 13 ownership reporting. Clint also represents clients in their dealings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and FINRA. He also counsels clients in the areas of corporate governance and shareholder meetings, mergers and acquisitions, finance and commercial contracts.
Clint is an Adjunct Lecturer in Law at Tulane University Law School, and teaches an upper-level practical skills course on reporting obligations of publicly traded companies. Clint has also taught a skills course at Loyola New Orleans College of Law on Finance and Accounting.
Prior to joining Fishman Haygood, Clint was an associate at the Houston office of Vinson & Elkins, L.L.P. from 2011 to 2015.
J.D., summa cum laude, from Tulane University Law School, 2011
- Managing Editor of the Tulane Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- B.B.A in Finance, magna cum laude, from Texas A&M University, 2008
Clint has assisted in over fifty capital markets transactions, including the following while an associate at Fishman Haygood:
- Represents Spark Energy, Inc. and Sanderson Farms, Inc. in securities law matters, including periodic SEC reporting and corporate governance.
- Represented Spark Energy, Inc. in filing a registration statement on Form S-3.
- Has assisted a number of private companies in Regulation D and Section 4(a)(2) private placements, and Rule 701 Exempt Employee Benefit Plans.
Prior to joining Fishman Haygood, Clint was involved in the following matters:
Initial Public Offerings:
- Assisted issuers and underwriters in eight initial public offerings of companies in various industries, including midstream pipeline, oilfield services, retail energy, refiners and crude oil transportation, valued at an aggregate of over two billion dollars.
Registered Equity Offerings:
- Assisted numerous issuers and underwriters in registered equity offerings of common stock and limited partner interests.
- Assisted issuers and sales agents in implementing multiple at-the-market offering programs.
- Assisted numerous issuers, underwriters and initial purchasers in registered debt offerings, and unregistered 144A/Regulation S debt offerings aggregating over nine billion dollars.
- Assisted an exploration and production company in two A/B exchange offers.