Class Actions and/or Mass Actions
We represent both plaintiffs and defendants in class action and/or mass action litigation, both in Louisiana and across the nation. Some examples of matters we have handled include:
- Secured the denial of a Motion for Class Certification for a retail grocer with more than forty stores throughout the Gulf South against a class-action suit alleging violations of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act.
- Obtained a $26 million award in a FINRA arbitration relating to an arbitration brought on behalf of dozens of investors against Securities America. The award was one of the largest in FINRA history at the time, and included punitive damages.
- Current representation of a national equipment rental company against a class action seeking damages arising from Loss Damage Waiver charges.
- Current representation of a proposed world-wide class of investors against five banks for aiding the Allen Stanford Ponzi scheme.
- Current representation of hundreds of business, individuals, and landowners against BP relating to the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico in April 2010, both inside and outside of the settlement.
- Current and former representation of multiple banks sued merger challenges.