Scott D. Chenevert
Scott Chenevert is a partner and member of our Business Section. He practices primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities, corporate governance and finance. Scott has represented private and public companies in the energy, technology, real estate development and professional services industries.
Scott is a member of the Southeast Super-Region Committee comprised of representatives from the Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC) and GNO, Inc. He previously served as a member of the board of directors of BRAC from 2006-2013, serving as its chairman in 2012. Scott also serves as a member of the board of directors of BRAC’s political action committee, FuturePAC, and served as its chairman in 2013.
In addition to his professional endeavors, Scott has served as the chair of the American Heart Association’s Baton Rouge Heart Walk for 2012-2013, and also serves as a member of the boards of directors of the Louisiana Art and Science Museum and Junior Achievement Greater Baton Rouge and Acadiana.
- J.D., magna cum laude, from Washington and Lee University, 1997
- B.S. Accounting from Louisiana State University, 1994
- The Shaw Group, Inc. in its $3 billion sale to Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (co-counsel)
- Superior Energy Services, Inc. in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Complete Production Services, Inc.
- Capital City Press, L.L.C. in its sale to Georges Media Group, LLC
- Wellbore Energy Solutions, Inc. in its sale to Halliburton Energy Services, Inc.
- Superior Energy Services, Inc. in the sale of its marine division to SEACOR Marine
- Environmental Drilling Solutions, L.L.C. in its sale to Element Partners and CSLEnergy Opportunities
- Wellbore Energy Services, Inc. in the purchase of preferred equity by NGP Energy Technology Partners, L.P.
- Superior Energy Services, Inc. in connection with its issuance of $800 million 7-1/8% senior notes and $500 million 6-3/8% senior notes
- Uni-Pixel, Inc. in its initial public offering of common stock
- Synergy Outdoors in its sale to a portfolio company of the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Stonetrust Commercial Mutual Insurance Holding Company in its demutualization and sale
- Engquist Level Development in multiple equity financings by private equity funds