Maureen Brennan Gershanik
t: (504) 586-5278
f: (504) 586-5250
Maureen Gershanik is a partner and a member of our Business Section. She practices primarily in the areas of corporate law, securities law, and mergers and acquisitions.
Maureen works with clients on public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, acquisition transactions, corporate restructuring transactions, and new business formations. She regularly advises clients on matters of securities law compliance, periodic reporting requirements, corporate governance, and executive compensation.
Maureen has been recognized by Chambers & Partners as a “rising star” in Corporate/M&A practice. She is a member of the Corporations Committee of the Louisiana Law Institute, and has been a speaker on securities law at legal seminars and graduate schools. She is also the Chairperson of the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Section on Corporate and Business Law.
J.D., Class Valedictorian, from Louisiana State University, 2000
- Editor-in-Chief of the Louisiana Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- B.S.F.S., cum laude, from Georgetown University, 1992
- Clerk to the Honorable John M. Duhé, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals, 2000-2001
- Represents Sanderson Farms, Inc. in securities law matters, including periodic SECreporting, corporate governance, executive compensation and general counseling of the board of directors
- Represented Sanderson Farms, Inc. in its $120 million secondary offering of common stock
- Represents a range of privately held business clients in merger and acquisition transactions
- Represents a registered broker-dealer firm in compliance matters
- Advises clients generally on federal and state securities law compliance