Maureen Brennan Gershanik
t: (504) 586-5278
f: (504) 586-5250
Maureen Gershanik is a partner and a member of our Business Section. She practices primarily in the areas of corporate law, securities law, and mergers and acquisitions.
Maureen works with clients on public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, acquisition transactions, corporate restructuring transactions, new business formations and other business transactions. She regularly advises public and private businesses and counsels boards of directors on matters of securities law compliance, periodic reporting requirements, corporate governance, and executive compensation.
She has been recognized since 2013 as a leading lawyer in Corporate/M&A practice by Chambers & Partners, which noted that clients hold her “in high regard” as being “very attentive to detail and also able to look at the big picture.”
Maureen is a member of the Corporate Laws Committee of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section, the Corporations Committee of the Louisiana Law Institute, and is a past Chairperson and current Council Member of the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Section on Corporate and Business Law. She has been a speaker on securities and corporation law at legal seminars and graduate schools.
J.D., Class Valedictorian, from Louisiana State University, 2000
- Editor-in-Chief of the Louisiana Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- B.S.F.S., cum laude, from Georgetown University, 1992
- Clerk to the Honorable John M. Duhé, Jr. of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2000-2001
- Represents public companies, including Sanderson Farms, Inc., in securities law matters, including periodic SEC reporting, corporate governance, executive compensation and general counseling of the board of directors
- Represented Sanderson Farms, Inc. in its $120 million secondary offering of common stock
- Represents privately held businesses in a range of industries in merger and acquisition transactions, including representation of the sellers in a recent multi-million dollar sale of a manufacturing company
- Represents private businesses in capital raising transactions, including private placements of equity and debt securities
- Advises privately-held profit and non-profit corporations and limited liability companies on state corporate and LLC law matters, including fiduciary duties of directors and governance
- Advises clients generally on federal and state securities law compliance, including securities offering, broker-dealer and investment adviser compliance, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act