Jennie L. Shufelt
Jennie Shufelt is Special Counsel to the firm and a member of the firm’s Business Section. Jennie practices in the areas of real estate development, real estate finance, commercial leasing, land use and zoning, and business and commercial transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Jennie practiced at Hinman Straub, P.C. in Albany, New York, where her practice focused on commercial litigation and health care/Medicaid compliance. Jennie graduated summa cum laude from Albany Law School, and was a Senior Editor of the Albany Law Review. Jennie also graduated summa cum laude from the University at Albany School of Public Health, with a Masters of Science Degree in Health Policy, Management and Behavior.
J.D., summa cum laude, from Albany Law School, 2010
- Senior Editor of the Albany Law Review
- M.S., summa cum laude, from University of Albany School of Public Health, 2004
- B.A., summa cum laude, from SUNY College at Geneseo, 2001
Publications / Presentations
- Shufelt, J.L. (2010). Recent decisions and legislation in environmental law: Comer v. Murphy Oil USA, The Environmental Lawyer, v 30(1).
- Shufelt, J.L., Reinhardt, J. & Sanchirico, J. (Spring 2010). Moving New York towards a clean energy future: The critical role of solar, New York Environmental Lawyer, v. 30(1).
- Shufelt, JL (2009). New York’s CO2 Cap-and-Trade Program: Regulating climate change without climate change legislation, Albany Law Review, v. 73, p. 1583.
- Shufelt JL, Hannan EL, & Gallagher B. (2005). Evaluation of the postoperative hemorrhage and hematoma Patient Safety Indicator and its risk factors. American Journal of Medical Quality, 20(4), 210-218.
- Mental Health and Juvenile Justice: Prevalence, Problems and New Directions, Putting the Pieces Together: Connecting Evidence-Based Practices and Collaborative Community Initiatives, Warrensburg, MO (June 2006).
- Juvenile Mental Health Courts: An Emerging Strategy for Addressing the Mental Health Needs of Justice-Involved Youth, National GAINS Conference, Boston, MA (April, 2006).
- New York
- Northern District of New York
- Southern District of New York